• Announcements

• Mrtaylan

Dear players   09/24/17

Dear West Coast Roleplay community,  I was originally waiting for Fredrik to place this message, as he has more information about this than I do. However, obviously he is very busy and he hasn't been able to make time to properly write to you guys. Therefore I have decided to quickly let everyone know what is happening. As you might have noticed we have decided to close the server. The management has discussed the currents events and, because we want to be able to fully focus on the new script, we shut the server down. This is only temporary, whatsoever! In this closed period we rather let our scripters work on the new script in then just leave the server open without updates and without an active management.  Sadly we have no ETA of the new script yet but I can tell you for know that we will update the forums and inform you all about the new script. We would like to thank everybody who stuck around and tried to make West Coast Roleplay a better place and we are sure that you won't regret it.  Best regards,  West Coast Roleplay management and admin team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Michael_Kingston

Lets talk about wc-rp's rules

Im sure we all are aware, those who have been here a while atleast
That wc-rp introduces some of the most retarded rules known to sa-mp!

Rules like you must ask an admin for permission to do a drive-by(In a roleplay server!)

But i must say, No guns in turf is defietly the most retarded thing i've ever heard! and i think its the most retarded rule i ever will hear!

• Like 1

KarlChea    74

The current admin team is fucking stupid amounts of strict, the server was much better when you didn't have to RP *every* little thing, you can't move on the server without doing a /me first, the script was designed for Low-RP, the admins need to act like it, as long as people are having fun; and nobodies being trolled or anything there shouldn't be a problem.

50 fucking playing hours to be an arms dealer? So we're supposed to fish for 50 hours, join LSPD or make a family? lmfao

• Upvote 2

Mrtaylan    315
20 minutes ago, Michael_Kingston said:

Im sure we all are aware, those who have been here a while atleast
That wc-rp introduces some of the most retarded rules known to sa-mp!

Rules like you must ask an admin for permission to do a drive-by(In a roleplay server!)

But i must say, No guns in turf is defietly the most retarded thing i've ever heard! and i think its the most retarded rule i ever will hear!

If you can please link me to the admin who told you that you need permission for a drive-by, I'll deal with it. This is not a rule and it is terrible that an admin has told you otherwise.

No guns in turf has been implemented because we wanted to increase the IC brawls. However, we are already reconsidering this rule. 

5 minutes ago, KarlChea said:

he current admin team is fucking stupid amounts of strict, the server was much better when you didn't have to RP *every* little thing, you can't move on the server without doing a /me first, the script was designed for Low-RP, the admins need to act like it, as long as people are having fun; and nobodies being trolled or anything there shouldn't be a problem.

As far as I know, I've been waving the ''calm down'' flag since I've been here. We are not heavy RP, WC-RP is not designed to be heavy RP and experience has definitely shown that implementing heavy RP is suicide for WC-RP. We want to maintain the laid back status. So, also for you, please tell me which admin is breathing in your neck to RP every step.

7 minutes ago, KarlChea said:

50 fucking playing hours to be an arms dealer? So we're supposed to fish for 50 hours

We did this decrease the amount of guns in the server. A lot of newbies race to the gundealer shop and make a shitload of guns. We don't want everyone in the game to carry a gun. Besides, why is it such a big issue that you need to buy a gun instead of making one? If we decrease the amount of gundealers, we decrease the supply and increase the demand. It is ridiculous that you make an issue out of this rule, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ZayOGC    182

I agree with the turf thing that admins should allow guns in turfs but for the arm dealer job like this its better cause it were all the server got guns on them and that's unrealistic.

• Thanks 1

Zach    202
33 minutes ago, Michael_Kingston said:

This rule does not exist, whoever told you that clearly does not have a jist of the current rules.

35 minutes ago, Michael_Kingston said:

This, I do agree with. I personally have wanted guns in turfs. It's just much more exciting.

17 minutes ago, KarlChea said:

The current admin team is fucking stupid amounts of strict, the server was much better when you didn't have to RP *every* little thing, you can't move on the server without doing a /me first, the script was designed for Low-RP, the admins need to act like it, as long as people are having fun; and nobodies being trolled or anything there shouldn't be a problem.

When I was a regular player, I personally really hated how strict certain admins were. There was one admin in particular who was stupidly strict towards me (not saying names), anyways, he's gone now, and hopefully we can change. I know for a fact I'm not a extremely strict admin because I know exactly what it's like to be a regular player and deal with asshole admins.

EvanThugz    180
1 hour ago, Michael_Kingston said:

No guns in turf is defietly the most retarded thing i've ever heard! and i think its the most retarded rule i ever will hear!

#MakeTurfwarsGreatAgain #YesToGunsInTurf

44 minutes ago, KarlChea said:

If we didn't choose to be strict we would have a much lesser job to do, so we're actually doing our players a favor here. It is very tiring to explain things to people that do unrp actions, they keep on saying WC-RP is low-med RP server, what's the point? Practice makes perfect, and if we do not practice ourselves to become a better roleplayer then the server would never transition into a higher level of RP. 

Why play in an RP server when you don't wanna RP anyway that's some bullshit. "As long as people are having fun" yeah yeah, that is one way to make wcrp completely a freeroam server.

Well about the server rules, there's only one rule that I am against, and that is the NONRP Gunfear rule. 

It should be a matter of choice whether you want to risk pulling out your gun or not, because it seems that people who pull a gun and aim first always win. E.g. in robbery, you can't do anything when somebody stopped you and pulled a gun asking to put your hands up. But in reality, when you have a gun and someone wanted to rob you, you would use your gun for self defense instead of giving everything thay you have. What would be the point of having a gun in that case? 

We should consider an incident as nonrp gun fear only when you run while someone is aiming at you. Because obviously you would get shot in reality.

P.S.: I've never heard of the rule that requires people to ask an admin permission to perform a drive-by, if anything, you should roleplay getting out of the window of the car.

• Upvote 1

KarlChea    74
2 minutes ago, EvanThugz said:

#MakeTurfwarsGreatAgain #YesToGunsInTurf

If we didn't choose to be strict we would have a much lesser job to do, so we're actually doing our players a favor here. It is very tiring to explain things to people that do unrp actions, they keep on saying WC-RP is low-med RP server, what's the point? Practice makes perfect, and if we do not practice ourselves to become a better roleplayer then the server would never transition into a higher level of RP. 

Why play in an RP server when you don't wanna RP anyway that's some bullshit. "As long as people are having fun" yeah yeah, that is one way to make wcrp completely a freeroam server.

Well about the server rules, there's only one rule that I am against, and that is the NONRP Gunfear rule. 

It should be a matter of choice whether you want to risk pulling out your gun or not, because it seems that people who pull a gun and aim first always win. E.g. in robbery, you can't do anything when somebody stopped you and pulled a gun asking to put your hands up. But in reality, when you have a gun and someone wanted to rob you, you would use your gun for self defense instead of giving everything thay you have. What would be the point of having a gun in that case? 

We should consider an incident as nonrp gun fear only when you run while someone is aiming at you. Because obviously you would get shot in reality.

P.S.: I've never heard of the rule that requires people to ask an admin permission to perform a drive-by, if anything, you should roleplay getting out of the window of the car.

No, you should use your time to TEACH people how to RP, and teach them about the rules, not to enforce stupider rules everytime you get bored, when WCRP was fun, you could AP pistols, but not DM, points were OOC, families were easier to join, LSPD actually done their job properly and were good at it, people could get guns and use them without people crying, afford cars without working for 10 years, people actually took the time to plant coke and sell it actively, you could advertise what you were selling in order to encourage communication, currently the servers dead because everybodys afraid to move outside their little circles in order to not break the rules or upset anyone.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mrtaylan said:

If you can please link me to the admin who told you that you need permission for a drive-by, I'll deal with it. This is not a rule and it is terrible that an admin has told you otherwise.

No guns in turf has been implemented because we wanted to increase the IC brawls. However, we are already reconsidering this rule. 

As far as I know, I've been waving the ''calm down'' flag since I've been here. We are not heavy RP, WC-RP is not designed to be heavy RP and experience has definitely shown that implementing heavy RP is suicide for WC-RP. We want to maintain the laid back status. So, also for you, please tell me which admin is breathing in your neck to RP every step.

We did this decrease the amount of guns in the server. A lot of newbies race to the gundealer shop and make a shitload of guns. We don't want everyone in the game to carry a gun. Besides, why is it such a big issue that you need to buy a gun instead of making one? If we decrease the amount of gundealers, we decrease the supply and increase the demand. It is ridiculous that you make an issue out of this rule, in my opinion.

Its an old rule, but it was a super retarded one if ya get me ;c 

But lets be honest, Rules like the turf rule

This rule was introduced by shit/inactive families who we're having they're turf's taken by active families

The moral of the story - Maybe if they family was active they'd own some turf?

Turf wars back in the day were GREAT, I remember when SSC owned the whole city and was getting like 300k in turf payments xD

Good times, when the player base was 75-150 at all times.

edit : Shit i could go ON, Rules like the 3 strike rule for families dis-encourage your server to grow too, We never had this rule before, cause we understood that people make mistakes and the leader shouldn't be blamed for mistakes people he recruited may of done

So people actually recruited people more often, in term, making the server grow

The biggest family's now have what, 10 members? Its unrp haha, why do they have 10 members? Scared to recruit someone without an admin dick fucking theyre family

Edited by Michael_Kingston