• Announcements

• Mrtaylan

Dear players   09/24/17

Dear West Coast Roleplay community,  I was originally waiting for Fredrik to place this message, as he has more information about this than I do. However, obviously he is very busy and he hasn't been able to make time to properly write to you guys. Therefore I have decided to quickly let everyone know what is happening. As you might have noticed we have decided to close the server. The management has discussed the currents events and, because we want to be able to fully focus on the new script, we shut the server down. This is only temporary, whatsoever! In this closed period we rather let our scripters work on the new script in then just leave the server open without updates and without an active management.  Sadly we have no ETA of the new script yet but I can tell you for know that we will update the forums and inform you all about the new script. We would like to thank everybody who stuck around and tried to make West Coast Roleplay a better place and we are sure that you won't regret it.  Best regards,  West Coast Roleplay management and admin team. 

Fredo    105
9 hours ago, Damm said:

I hope you never get to experience running a server.

I won't be running a server anytime soon so that isn't much of a problem. But you're seriously acting like it's a struggle to script a few simple things into the server. Maybe if this was an actual huge update then that'll be understandable but I'm sure it isn't. Plus didn't you say that the server was going to be updated a few days ago? Where the fuck is it?

Mrtaylan    315
12 hours ago, Fredo said:

Three weeks for a simple update. The wait better be worth it.

People have a normal and social life too, you know. Scripting might not be THAT hard, but it is if you have a full time job and other stuff going on in your life. Maybe we should get a more accurate prediction, but a remark like that is completely unnessecary and it isn't going to help us or suddenly increase the speed...

Fredo    105
6 hours ago, Mrtaylan said:

People have a normal and social life too, you know. Scripting might not be THAT hard, but it is if you have a full time job and other stuff going on in your life. Maybe we should get a more accurate prediction, but a remark like that is completely unnessecary and it isn't going to help us or suddenly increase the speed...

It's not like I don't know that Fredrik has is own life that he has to take care of. But if his personal life is taking much of his time from being able to sit down and script for an update that's taking three weeks to release and also has been pushed back then it's better off if he just gives the server to someones who's actually reliable enough, and has enough time to own the server. 

• Upvote 2

RUSHMID    21

I hope that when I come IG and I go to a 24/7 I see boomboxes, and I also hope you just removed 'Added boomboxes' on accident.

Damm    184

Boomboxes sadly does not work correctly yet, so they have been disabled in-game.

Kyle who was working on them had a IRL crisis which he has had to attend to - therefor it has been moved to 3.8.3