Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Mrtaylan

      Dear players   09/24/17

      Dear West Coast Roleplay community,  I was originally waiting for Fredrik to place this message, as he has more information about this than I do. However, obviously he is very busy and he hasn't been able to make time to properly write to you guys. Therefore I have decided to quickly let everyone know what is happening. As you might have noticed we have decided to close the server. The management has discussed the currents events and, because we want to be able to fully focus on the new script, we shut the server down. This is only temporary, whatsoever! In this closed period we rather let our scripters work on the new script in then just leave the server open without updates and without an active management.  Sadly we have no ETA of the new script yet but I can tell you for know that we will update the forums and inform you all about the new script. We would like to thank everybody who stuck around and tried to make West Coast Roleplay a better place and we are sure that you won't regret it.  Best regards,  West Coast Roleplay management and admin team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Damm

Gun dealer job requirement

Recommended Posts

Damm    184

Hello!

So, there's a lot of talk now about how we can somewhat limit guns - and who can create them. I've now limited it to families only - but I would love to make it open for all, and limit it by something like level - or playinghours.

Please give me your input on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glenn    93

I would lock it to greater than 50PH, like we used to have newbie status till 50PH.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carter    299
4 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I would lock it to greater than 50PH, like we used to have newbie status till 50PH.

50 PH sounds neat, i agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZayOGC    182
17 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I would lock it to greater than 50PH, like we used to have newbie status till 50PH.

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KraTuS    8

It will kill the role play for all illegal factions if we make it available for everyone. I'd say keep it to only for illegal factions.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrHulK    14
9 hours ago, KraTuS said:

It will kill the role play for all illegal factions if we make it available for everyone. I'd say keep it to only for illegal factions.

I agree

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glenn    93
11 hours ago, KraTuS said:

It will kill the role play for all illegal factions if we make it available for everyone. I'd say keep it to only for illegal factions.

 

2 hours ago, MrHulK said:

I agree

 

2 hours ago, Kennno said:

Ok I agree, only factions should be able to make guns

What illegal factions you mean families?

If you think it will kill off all RP by making the gun dealer job available to everyone what have you all been doing the last couple of weeks/months/years?

Most of the time wcrp was up we had the gun dealer job available to everyone and if you suddenly think it will limit your RP in any way which it didn't do like 5 days ago, tell me here.

If your imagination is lacking to create RP that does not involve guns I would watch a movie or just walk around outside. If that didn't help you can always ask me (PM on the forums, IG or even TS), I can teach all of you how to RP.

Edited by Glenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KraTuS    8
7 hours ago, Glenn said:

 

 

What illegal factions you mean families?

If you think it will kill off all RP by making the gun dealer job available to everyone what have you all been doing the last couple of weeks/months/years?

Most of the time wcrp was up we had the gun dealer job available to everyone and if you suddenly think it will limit your RP in any way which it didn't do like 5 days ago, tell me here.

If your imagination is lacking to create RP that does not involve guns I would watch a movie or just walk around outside. If that didn't help you can always ask me (PM on the forums, IG or even TS), I can teach all of you how to RP.

Well, let me explain you how it kills the rp;
1) If you make the job available for everyone, everyone would be running around with weapons hence killing the role play of the illegal families (Factions) as They won't be able to take control of the weapon business around Los Santos because everyone would be carrying weapons.
2) If you think about it, it will also take away the need of getting a firearms licenses as everyone would be able to get weapons easily by just doing this job..
3) Realistically, you do not get a job to acquire weapons, you gotta find weapon dealers (Illegal faction members).

I hope you understand what I explained above.

Edited by KraTuS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glenn    93
3 minutes ago, KraTuS said:

Well, let me explain you how it kills the rp;
1) If you make the job available for everyone, everyone would be running around with weapons hence killing the role play of the illegal families (Factions) as They won't be able to take control of the weapon business around Los Santos because everyone would be carrying weapons.
2) If you think about it, it will also take away the need of getting a firearms licenses as everyone would be able to get weapons easily by just doing this job..
3) Realistically, you do not get a job to acquire to get weapons, you gotta find weapon dealers (Illegal faction members).

I hope you understand what I explained above.

1. This would not be different than locking it to PH > 50.

2. A gun license allows you to carry a gun no matter how you got it. (Might be limited to some weapons)

3. Anyone can become a gun dealer not just family members heck most gun dealers aren't even in a gang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KraTuS    8
Just now, Glenn said:

1. This would not be different than locking it to PH > 50.

2. A gun license allows you to carry a gun no matter how you got it. (Might be limited to some weapons)

3. Anyone can become a gun dealer not just family members heck most gun dealers aren't even in a gang.

You don't understand, if you open the job for everyone there won't be a gun dealer, everyone would use the job to get weapons. In other words every single person on the server would have weapons. You're the one that decides what is going to change and what is not as you are the staff, I can't disagree with your decision 😜😜👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glenn    93
12 minutes ago, KraTuS said:

You don't understand, if you open the job for everyone there won't be a gun dealer, everyone would use the job to get weapons. In other words every single person on the server would have weapons. You're the one that decides what is going to change and what is not as you are the staff, I can't disagree with your decision 😜😜👍

Don't say that, you are equally important in making this decision as me I'm just trying to either get a better reason out of you or to convince you of my personal point of view.

Don't you think if we lock it to 50PH > it would have an equal more fair effect in the server also to people who solo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KraTuS    8
18 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Don't say that, you are equally important in making this decision as me I'm just trying to either get a better reason out of you or to convince you of my personal point of view.

Don't you think if we lock it to 50PH > it would have an equal more fair effect in the server also to people who solo?

Ya, that works too, it's fair and sqaure 👊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glenn said:

Don't say that, you are equally important in making this decision as me I'm just trying to either get a better reason out of you or to convince you of my personal point of view.

Don't you think if we lock it to 50PH > it would have an equal more fair effect in the server also to people who solo?

This is the one which it should be, only people who want this is CURRENT FAMILIES
cause they do not care about wether the server gets bigger, and other families rise
aslong as they can get guns and nobody else can, Right?

Edited by Michael_Kingston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snyder    6
21 hours ago, Jay said:

This is the better way to make ppl rp few as a normal citizens and not just kill/rob.

I agree. To many guns make to many problems in my point of view, or at least lock bigger guns, so you can defend yourself and not go on a killing spree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2017 at 6:39 PM, KraTuS said:

It will kill the role play for all illegal factions if we make it available for everyone. I'd say keep it to only for illegal factions.

So just kill everyone else's role play who doesn't want to work legally, and isn't in a family?

I mean, i've pretty much quit playing until all this is fixed, its boring rp'ing a gangster and unable to even make a bat lol

What gangster doesn't have weapons?

I had aim's on actually starting a family, or being highly involved in the creation of one
But within what these power hungry families requested, well it's pretty much ruined the server for me
Cause i was RPLY beefing with 3 sets, now i have to login to spend hours running from them cause they're official and im not?
Lol

because west coast roleplay, loooooool;D

Oh, get a gun license you say?
Sure, but it seems theres no place to apply for them?
and quick reminda!, im roleplaying a gangster, i have two arrests
Rip gun license

Hope this is fixed soon, its just something requested by power hungry families who want to be able to always have the advantage when they go around robbing civilians / people who are unofficial.

I think that was the difference between what i was trying to start up and any of these official families, We didn't rob or shoot civilians, and would simply do business with them fairly.
These official families dont play like this, and you've made it 100x easier for them not to aswell haha

Edited by Michael_Kingston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snyder    6

Well I aint playing anymore but I highly disagree. In real life gangsters are mostly in gangs, and where do you get guns anyway? Friends, Gang, Blackmarket. You aint getting a rifle in 24/7 here, so you must ask a friend or illegal families. Thats the whole point of official families or did I miss something here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×